Thermal Baths and ...
The whole Maremma is rich in thermal springs with extraordinary therapeutic virtues, exploited since the times of the Etruscans.
There are several thermal baths next to the property which can be accessed freely or pampered in the comfortable beauty farms.
Among the best known SPAs we find:
- the widely famous ‘Terme di Saturnia’
- the ‘Calidario Terme Etrusche’ in Venturina
- the ‘Petriolo Siena SPA’ in Petriolo
- ‘La Cerreta Terme’ in Sassetta.
Those who love direct contact with nature, but without comfort, can dive:
- in the free and natural pools of the ‘Cascate del Mulino di Saturnia’,
- in the pools along the Farma stream in Petriolo
- or lie down on the ‘White Whale’ of Bagni di San Filippo ‘in Castiglione d’Orcia.
To visit the village of Bagno Vignoni, in Val d’Orcia, with its particular Piazza delle Sorgenti, a large thermal bath of the Etruscan era from which water flows at 49 degrees.
Very interesting and certainly a sight not to be missed are ‘biancane’, boraciferous dandelions, which flow from the subsoil near Monterotondo Marittimo and Larderello that give the landscape a suggestive atmosphere of Dante’s hell.